Thursday, May 8, 2008

First Blush of Spring

I know, it's a cheesy title, but it's the first thing that popped into my head. (It's all Barbie's fault.) If you have any little girls around you'll know what I mean. I can't even believe I let them watch Barbie movies, but the good thing is, Barbie is not playing herself, she is acting. I guess that is a good thing, because the movies aren't so bad. OK, enough about Barbie (except that I'm proud to say we don't own any dolls, just movies) and on to the picture. I have a few tulips in my yard and this picture makes me feel better about the state of our yard, where grass is definitely a minority. I even let Sydney, after repeated requests, pick one of the three pink tulips so I could replace one my pre-Mother's Day bouquets (of dandelions).
Here is another picture....if only I could feel the way Sydney does, which is that dandelions are not weeds, then I could have a whole yard full of beautiful yellow flowers. Wait, can I make a wish on that one? ...I wish there were no more ...wishes? Oh well.






No comments: