Sunday, May 25, 2008

Recycle!

Yesterday morning the sun was out and we heard thunder in the streets. OK, not like the real and a little scary thunder and lightening storm of last night (I can't believe the kids didn't wake up). It was the thunder of new recycling containers being delivered to all of Portland. It was so exciting, everyone was peeking out of their houses to see what was going on.






I think the delivery guys thought I was a little nuts. In fact the one on the left turned around to go the other way when he saw me with my camera. Now we have nice big containers with lids - no sorting (except for glass of course) and we can now put in plastic tubs. Yea!
Here is Sydney showing off our new containers.
Good job Portland!




















1 comment:

Ann Harrison said...

We don't have ours yet!
I'll keep looking.
(How strange to be so excited about new recycle containers... hmmm.... what does that say about my life?)