Sunday, August 3, 2008

In Bruges


August 03

To today we took the Eurostar train from London to Bruges, Belgium. They tell me I went through a tunnel under the English Channel called the Chunnel, but I never saw any water, so who knows. Wouldn’t it be so much cooler if the tunnel went through the water and the tunnel was clear? Maybe you wouldn’t see anything, but if you did, that would be something. Back in London there was a small glitch printing our prepurchased train tickets from the automated ticket machine. So I went to the counter and waited for new tickets to be printed just minutes before we were to go through security. When I noticed they were stamped with the wrong date, the lady at the window proceeded to correct it with a pencil. Nice. We had to change trains in Brussels, and on the second train I showed the ticket guy my ticket, hoping everything would be OK. He stared at it for a minute and then said, "F*** it" and handed it back to me. Whew. I'll have to say thats the first time I've really been happy to hear the F word. We made it to Bruges and stayed at our first Bed & Breakfast. It only had three rooms and we had two of them, so made ourselves at home.

No comments: