Thursday, August 28, 2008

Looking forward

Well, we've made it to Granada and we're on the hunt for an apartment to live in for the next 3 1/2 months. I finally found wi-fi and then my computer was acting up so now my battery is almost spent. I wanted to quickly post an update though. We had a little rough patch in Barcelona. Kevin's packpack was stolen, but thank goodness we didn't lose anything vital (passports, camera and computer are all safe and sound). We are happy to finally be here and the town seems very clean and nice. Not many English speakers here so I've really had to jump into survival mode, making phone calls in Spanish to inquire about apartments. We just saw our first one and it seemed nice so we are relieved that we won't be homeless on Monday. We have one more to see tomorrow. It is hot here, upper 90's and we've resorted to taking siestas in the afternoon, just like everyone else here. OK, I hope to be set up with internet soon, so I can return to the blog. Hasta Luego.

No comments: