Thursday, May 7, 2009

You Capture - Expression

Thursday, April 7

I don't know, these photo challenges seem to be getting more and more, well - challenging. This week the challenge was Expression. I instantly thought of my youngest daughter, 5 year old Miss Sydney. Most people who talk to her, comment on how expressive she is. It's something about the eyes or the eyebrows. Well, I could never capture one of her looks this week, in fact here eyes are not even showing in these photos. You never know how she is going to express herself. Maybe wearing goggles when she's not swimming...
Or with a silly head shaking scream...
This next pic is something that Sydney wrote all by herself. I am completely amazed at what the 4 and 5 year old are learning in her Music Together class. She is learning to read music! This week the parents stayed in class and the kids showed us how they are learning to write the rhythms. So she came home and just started writing all the notes she knows. A new way to express herself.This is not musically correct, she's no Mozart, but it still looks like real music. I even tried to play it and it didn't sound to bad.
Here is the big sister giving me one of her expressions. I'll never learn to raise on eyebrow. She must have learned it from her dad.
Be sure and check out all the other Expression pics.

6 comments:

Brianne Hudgins Photography said...

LOL ~ I used to try and write my own music! My mom played it once, it was unpleasant to say the least. She swore she was going to break a finger on all my 8th notes!

Love the eyebrow LOL

Mominin said...

She is quite expressive, isn't she? I also love the eyebrow raise!

Alice said...

these are great - especially the older sister - lol! yeah, i recognize that look :O). love the sheet music - we are music lovers here - so that's cool. great captures!

my 'expression' photos are posted now. come on over to The Shadow of the Cross and check them out. i love having visitors :O)

april said...

I'm impressed that she's starting to write music! I'm 30 and can't even read it!

Unknown said...

fantastic!

love the eyebrow picture and I am partial to musical ones too.

good job!

beth - total mom haircut said...

What's so funny is I was going to say about the last one (before reading the line above) "Wow, I never realized how much she looks like Kevin":)