Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rule of Thirds

Wednesday, 18Jan2012

I was thinking I should use some great photo for the Rule of Thirds assignment, but I got tired of looking decided to use something recent and amusing.

Here is the before.  I wasn't really thinking about composition, but concentrating on focusing the "eyes" and how my new flash was working.  

Here is the after.  I put her "eyes" on the top horizontal third, the right eye on the right vertical third and the space on the left takes up about a third.  

OK, if anyone can guess what these the "eyes" are, I'll send you a free note card of  your choice.  
Hint: The two halves used to be one.

8 comments:

Regina said...

Walnut shells?

Unknown said...

Good guess, but no. :-)

Michaela said...

Great example!! Love that you weren't afraid to chop off the top of her head (a lot of people wouldn't have done that).

I would have guessed walnut shells, too, although they look a little too smooth... is it one of those bouncy balls?? (Hoping the oval shape is just an optical illusion)

setalam said...

Potatoes? Abby wondered WHO that girl is!

Unknown said...

They are slightly oval shaped, so not a bouncy ball. or potatoes.

Amy said...

scored fruit pit?

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine what her "eyeballs" are but what a great shot! LOL. Nice use of the rule.

Unknown said...

I just realized that I never told what the eyes were. Amy was right, they are peeled and scored avocado pits. I had no idea they would turn that color if you scratch them. Eyes were designed by the wearer, Sydney.