Thursday, February 5, 2009

Early one dark and foggy morning...

Thursday, February 5

I was getting the girls ready for school when I heard a noise. I peeked out the window and saw them, the machine, the trucks and the men.


It all happened so fast a week ago today. They ripped out the front of the fence next door, then started knocking down a tree, right outside my kitchen window.

Then they cut a big hole in the street. Thanks for not sporting any crack - I mean it.
A really deep hole.




I didn't even know it was possible, that whole thing fit into the hole, just look at the other one that is still in the ground.

By 4pm they were gone, just like nothing ever happened. Kevin thinks I'm going to turn into one of those nosey old neighbor ladies the way I kept peeking out my window and sneaking pictures. I'm sure it didn't help that I probably had velcro rollers in my hair. But I'm not being nosey, nobody is living there and it's all happening only five feet away from my kitchen window. Just so you know, it wasn't a total surprise. While we were in Spain the house next door sold and our renters reported seeing men in black SUVs wearing dark suits, and that the lot had been divided, so we knew something was up.

No comments: