Wednesday, February 25, 2009

You Capture - Farewell to a teapot

Wednesday, February 25


I just found out about the You Capture - photography challenge over at I should be folding laundry. The challenge is to take a picture of something you love without using a flash. This is a great assignment because I really don't like using my flash and I already had the perfect shot ready to go. A couple weeks ago I found my teapot in the garage and was excited to be brewing up some tea to go with our Thai take out when I discovered it was chipped. So sad, because although we didn't use it every day, Kevin and I really liked this little pot we found during a visit to Chinatown in San Francisco the summer of '96 (the year we got married). It has served us well and we'll miss it. I couldn't bear to throw it out - maybe it could be a suitable flower pot. One good thing is that the pot and it's six tiny matching tea cups cost us less than $10.

8 comments:

4chalseys@blogger said...

Beautiful shot. Sorry it was chipped!

Allie said...

A great photo! Sorry that you can't enjoy tea in it anymore though ...

Christy M. said...

I'm so sorry about your teapot :(

It's a great memorial picture though! I love your perspective.

rosellafan said...

a great shot! definitely keep it and put a plant in it...too bad on the chip....

rosellafan (Paula)

Unknown said...

Very pretty, chipped.

Carebear said...

Oh, with a memory like that attached, you must keep it. Plus it's so cute. Good idea to use it as a planter. Or maybe some kiddies in your life could play (gently) with it in their tea parties? You Capture is going to be such fun isn’t it? Head on over sometime soon to “Two Under Two. Whew!” for my super-fun-and-little-bit-silly giveaways! You could win a collection from Tiny Two’s Baby Animals line, or some chocolate covered pretzels! See you around the blogosphere!

Unknown said...

What a great picture! So sad about it being chipped -- but i love the post/picture!

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry said...

This is a great shot. And I'm so sorry it's broken. :(