Friday, January 23, 2009

Feelin' Funky on Friday

Friday, January 23

I tried to tell the girls at the beginning of the week, whatever you do don't get sick. The cousins that you haven't seen for at least seven months are coming and you get to have a sleepover at Gma & Gpa's house with them. Go ahead break your arm, but don't get sick! Did they listen? No. At 5am this morning Kyla woke up with some painful swelling in her hand, no problem - a little pain reliever, some ice and she went right back to sleep. However all the commotion woke up Sydney and she could not get back to sleep. Finally at 6am I started a movie for her, but a half hour later she's at my beside saying I think I'm going to throw up, immediately followed by her throwing up on my bed. Luckily it wasn't much and only on the edge, but still - yuck! She hasn't tried to eat or move off the couch all day, it's been 8 hours and we're waiting to see if the applesauce and saltines stay down. Speaking of yuck, have you ever seen these nifty little barf bags. I found these on the web this morning while surfing. They were designed right here in Portland. Here you can read all about Chuck the Yuck. I wouldn't have had time to grab one of these guys this morning, but it sure would have been nice for that bus ride in England last summer. It could have looked like I was packing home a souvenir instead of my already been digested lunch. Double yuck.

No comments: