Wednesday, June 10, 2009

You Capture - Nature

Wednesday, June 10

So much nature! I had about 20 pics I wanted to post, especially since I had access to a new Canon Rebel with a macro lens. I still need some practice though. I narrowed it down to 6. I'll save some of those really macro shots for my Macro Mondays. The first two were all taken with my Canon S5 (fancy point & shoot).

Here is the inside of the flower above.

The rest were taken with the Rebel. My daughter spotted this damsel fly in our yard and luckily it took a little rest on these weeds.
More weeds, yes this is from my yard also.
If this isn't second nature to a kid, I don't know what is.
Well I had a lot of fun visiting my friends' gardens and admiring their flowers this week.
To see all the other nature photos,
click here.

16 comments:

Stacey said...

Beautiful Pictures. Love the damsel fly.

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

All are awesome! I love both of the dandelion shots, especially!

Anonymous said...

omgosh! those first two shots are simply amazing, so much detail!!!

Yelena R. said...

These are so beautiful! Macro lenses are amazing! I agree, it is hard to narrow shot down to favorites :)

Upstatemamma said...

Oh my goodness!! Look at that fly!! That is so cool!! What great shots you got.

Bacardi Mama said...

Awesome shots. I missed the fly the first time through. Thank goodness someone pointed it out to me. Great captures.

Prairie Lady said...

Wow beautiful. I want a macro lense some day. Lovely.

Lisa Page Rosenberg said...

Wow! Gorgeous. The damsel fly is amazing.

Jessi said...

These are all gorgeous and incredible finds. I can't pick a favorite!

Alice said...

that dragon fly is awesome. do you mind me asking what macro lens you used? i have a canon EOS 40D and have been looking at macros. i love the way your shots turned out!

i have my nature shots posted now, also. feel free to come on over and visit for awhile. there's always room for you in The Shadow of the Cross.

april said...

Those are all terrific shots!! I'm still learning my way around my new camera too! Great job!

keli [at] kidnapped by suburbia said...

Gorgeous!! And super fancy camera or not -- that first shot is AMAZING! Totally frame-worthy!

Possum Princess said...

They are all lovely, but the damsel fly is my favourite.

Caseybumpinalong said...

Love the dandelion pic! All of them are great!

Jen said...

These are really beautiful! The damsel fly really stands out. I'll be back for Macro Monday ... can't wait to see what you do with that Cannon!

Mamí♥Picture said...

AWESOME PICTURES!!!