Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Phase I - Before & After

Tuesday, June 30

I think Kyla was both excited and dreading the beginning of her day yesterday, but she survived getting braces on her top teeth. She was a little sore in the afternoon. Today, she already seems used to them and they are not too sore. She is still getting used to the amount of food that gets stuck in all her appliances. She has a lot of metal wires in the roof of her mouth that are part of the palette expanding process. She got a goody bag with all kids of cleaning supplies and soft foods so that makes it all exciting. Here she is just before her appointment.

And after.

I think they make her look older. Maybe 'cause back in my day kids didn't get braces until they were about 12. I didn't get mine until I was 14! Did you need to see them closer?

2 comments:

Ann Harrison said...

(From Lily)

Hi Kyla.
Wow!
I think you look nice. I like the color of the braces.
I hope I can see them in person very soon.
From Lily

Unknown said...

Whoa! I had no idea this was on the books. Awesome Kyla! Wait until I show Doolin, he's gonna go crazy. I remember always wanting braces like my bf Brooke. I'd roll my gum or little pieces of foil to stick on my teeth. Oh, and I do think it makes you look a little older- and wiser....